Saturday 31 August 2013

Open Question: Will he ask me to the dance, or is he asking someone else?

There’s this boy that I’ve been friends with for a little over a year. When I first met him, I immediately friend-zoned him because I was dating someone else (who I was never entirely happy with anyway). He was in activities with all of my friends and he quickly became integrated into our group.

When our mutual friend went through something unbearably traumatic at the end of last year, we became close before I even knew anything about him and, this summer, we started talking and haven’t really stopped since. When he first started talking to me this summer, I was fine with it because I thought he was still dating his ex-girlfriend. Then I found out in July from some of my other friends that they had broken up. I panicked for a few weeks, but gradually calmed down and kept talking to him.

Fast forward to this August: I’m studying at my friend’s house one day and we’re talking about any and everything and she brings up the boy. I start talking about him, and all of a sudden, I’m struck with the realization that I like him. A few days pass normally and I carry on my daily conversations with him. Then, one of my friends tells me that they heard through several people that this guy is going to ask someone to Homecoming, except he wouldn’t tell anybody who it was he was planning on asking.

The weekend after that, I spent entirely immersed in my thoughts. What if it was me? What if it wasn’t me? When this internal battle subsided, I reached a conclusion. I like everything about this boy, from the inside out. He’s so good and sweet and cares so much for everyone he knows. If I had a bad day, he texted me jokes to cheer me up. He OFFERED to do that. And he sucked at telling the jokes, too.

Sometimes we look at each other, and I just completely see him. We understand each other and he’s my rock. I don’t want to lose him, but we could have so much more.

My heart will be broken if he doesn’t take me to Homecoming, but I’m not even sure if he realizes he’s out of the friend zone. Am I the one he’s going to ask, or am I not «safe» enough and he’s shooting for someone else? Or am I even on on his radar at all? Am I just a «good friend?»


Open Question: Will he ask me to the dance, or is he asking someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment