Friday 30 August 2013

Open Question: I can't get over my ex?

I thought I was for the longest time. I hardly ever thought of him. I knew I still loved him, but I thought I was just moving on with my life and I finally felt fine that he wasn’t in it.

Just for some back story, we were together for about a year in 2009. We broke up in December 2009. So it has been almost 4 years since I last saw him or spoke to him. He lives in another state now, also, so we’re no where close to each other.

He wasn’t the type to have a social networking profile. I guess he decided to make a facebook, though, because suddenly he appeared on my «You might know this person» list. For some reason, I was wrecked. I couldn’t focus on anything I was doing. I can’t even remember what I was thinking at the time. I was just really shocked by it. The hurt began all over again.

So the past few weeks has been a nightmare for me. I have a new boyfriend for almost 3 years now. I love him very much. But I almost feel like if the opportunity presented itself, I would leave him for my ex…which I hate.

I went as far as to make a fake facebook, and add him. Just to see his profile because everything was private. He approved the request but then messaged me, asking how I knew him. I just told him I had met him at a party once.

His profile didn’t reveal a lot. He doesn’t have whether he’s single or in a relationship currently. But there’s this Japanese girl he’s friends with that I’m suspicious of. She has him tagged in a few pictures with her. It makes me sick, thinking of him being with someone else.

I kind of want to message him from my facebook, so he knows it’s me, and just see how he is…but this has proven to be futile in the past. Our relationship ended pretty badly.

This is so unhealthy. I don’t want to do this but it’s so hard not to. I just want to put him behind me and never have to look back.


Open Question: I can't get over my ex?

No comments:

Post a Comment