Sunday 29 September 2013

Open Question: Should I break up with him? Is it worth it?

We’ve been dating for just over 2 months and we used to be madly in love. After the first couple of weeks, I had to move when school started back up and now we live 2 hours apart. I talk to him about once a day for about 10-30 minutes. He wants to marry me, he’s told me so and he already has my engagement ring, though he won’t give it to me until i finish school and he already has his own wedding band, except he wears his. The only problem is that he’s a total redneck…..well the redneck part isn’t the main problem, its the fact that he’s 19, still lives with his verbally abusive father, won’t get a job, and it’s like his life centers around hunting, fishing, and braiding duck call lanyards. I kept having to yell at him to grow up and get a job and start acting like an adult but he keeps procrastinating. I don’t want to bother him too much about it because it’s not like i’m going to be moving in with him anytime soon anyway and him not having a job isn’t effecting me. I just don’t want us to be completely broke when we finally move in together in the next couple of years and have him have no money saved up and have us living off of my savings. His problem is that he only thinks about what he’s going to do that day. He never really thinks about the future…..he doesn’t plan or think ahead. He lives in the now. He thinks that no matter what happens, everything will be okay, even when it’s not. I don’t want to be living on every dime that we (or I) earn. I love him and we’ve been through so much together in the past two months and I don’t want to let all of our efforts to stay together to go down the drain. I know he loves me, I just don’t think that he takes me seriously when it comes to things like that. It really bothers me. Sometimes, i want to break it off, see knew people and if i realize that I really DID love him then I could go back, I’m just worried that he won’t wait for me, ya know? Help?!


Open Question: Should I break up with him? Is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment