Sunday 29 September 2013

Open Question: Would you say this is a good confession/letter of affection?

First of all let me provide context.
This girl is in my grade (10th).
Right after homecoming, and we hung out at her farm/house with another dude (casey, but is gay)
Raft is a English group thing for our whole year
I’m kind of exaggerating when I say I’m not attractive or charismatic, I don’t have moves like Jagger, but I’m not a horses ass and not a total bore. I did this just because I know she wouldn’t buy it completely and hopefully that’ll prop her to open up about me.
The final quote is a reference to the play and a mistake I made reading the line where I said country to her and not county.
I also seemed to have misplaced my phone and it may be at her house.

Maya, I’m going to be completely honest with you here. I’m just going to say despite it likely being obvious, you could say I’m one of those 6 guys. Casey’s word to describe you as a «siren» is completely accurate. You are the beacon of hope and euphoria in the middle of the wretched storm and chaos that is high school. You must be aware of this, but you pull guys around you and are always a center of attention. You’re a completely unique person. Your sense of humor and personality is completely out of this world. To actually meet someone as fun, smart, creative, nice, caring- but not bitchy, and to be such a bro-like person while still being female, is something that will call so many guys to you like a siren. To be honest, I’ve been questioning why I did a lot of things so far this year. Did I join your raft so I wouldn’t be stuck with the other people in our class, or to be with you? Did I start doing hand-stands beca use it is fun and a great way to kill time after lunch, or is it because you made it fun, and you made it worth killing time after lunch outside? Do I think models that other guys seem so obsessed over aren’t that attractive, or was my mind just on someone else? Did I join the Fall Play because lots of friends were doing it, I decided to expand my interests, or because I knew you were in it too? I really can’t pick a definitive answer that it was just one of those, but I know that you influenced all of those choices. I have a lot I regret about the past too. I think I’ve felt this way since the musical. I wish I talked to you more last year and got to know you more like I somewhat vaguely do now. I wish I asked you to Home-Coming. But I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to go until 3 days ago, and I could not bear putting you in a position where you would go alone if you said yes. I know I’m not the most charismatic or attractive guy, but after w hat you said about giving up on guys here kind of got me in the gut. Most relationships don’t ever end well. How often do you think people actually find their soul-mate the very first try? What I’m trying to get at is what you said about how you don’t want to hurt or get hurt by anyone. But I think if anything the consequences are worse as we get older. While we’re kids it all means less than say in college or beyond. I say if anything this is our chance to screw up, pain ourselves, cry rather than later, and really just enjoy the moments where we aren’t suffering. But like a siren, you call people to yourself, and then you just crush them like you did to me and possibly several others at the farm. I always thought most of my life that I was always going to be a odd ball, that I would not be able to relate much to others. But in all of my short life, I consider you to be the person I’ve ever had the most in common with. However, I complete ly understand if you’re «friend zoning» me or simply don’t feel the same way at all. But I don’t think you should give up on guys. Or at least be fair about it, because you seriously won’t believe how crazy people can be for such a special person like you. And I really wish I could have said this in person or by phone at least, but I didn’t feel the need to say this until the other night and wanted to keep this fresh in my mind. But in the end of it all, you really are the «prettiest girl in the county», or perhaps even the country :P .
P.S.- Have you seen my phone???


Open Question: Would you say this is a good confession/letter of affection?

No comments:

Post a Comment