Monday 30 September 2013

Open Question: What do we do now that I am pregnant?

I am 19, and this past academic year I travelled to South Carolina as a foreign exchange student from the UK. It was honestly the best year of my life and I made some amazing friends that I still talk to everyday. While I was out there I dated my host-family’s neighbour’s son and we became really close throughout the year. He is 22 and in college but stays with his parents a lot because his sister is very ill. We talked about her a lot and he really opened up to me, more than he has to anyone I think. He is my first serious boyfriend and I love him very much and he loves me too. I just feel his amazing connection that I have never felt with anyone else before. Despite my very strict program’s rules, I lost my virginity to him at Christmas . It was the most tender and loving experience ever, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. We managed to keep the relationship a secret but I think my host family and coordinator had their suspicions. It broke my heat to leave him and my amazing host family and friends to come back to the UK, where I don’t really have many friends at all.

Chris and I talk every day and he is always telling me how much he loves me and misses me and how he wishes we could be together again. I have just started my university course in nursing, which is something I have wanted for so long. I am an only child and my parents are divorced, their relationship is strained to say the least.

This week I went to the doctor on account of dizzy spells I have been having. My GP did a pregnancy test and told me I am pregnant. I have only ever had sex with Chris, so he is definitely the father. We always used protection, but of course it is not 100%. I told Chris on Skype yesterday and he was very shocked but he is determined to save whatever money he has to come and see me or to fly me over. We have talked about marriage a lot even before I came home, I feel like he is the one. I’m so scared, I know I don’t want to have an abrotion but I don’t know how I can do this. My mum and everyone will be so disappointed and I don’t want to stop university and I’m just so scared???! Please can anyone help?!?!?!


Open Question: What do we do now that I am pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment