Saturday 28 September 2013

Open Question: Really dislike when my boyfriend drunk-a right to feel this way?

I’ll try and give you some details. We’ve been dating for a year, recently we’ve been arguing a lot, but we realized why and we’re working on it. One of the reason is because, even when things are totally fine, he always has to act as if there’s a problem, so much to a point where he creates a problem. Anyway, we both drink-when I get drunk, I smile a lot, laugh a lot, give hugs, and the main thing is dance, even when no one else is. Basically, all of my same qualities but on over drive, and everyone has always told me I’m a good drunk (As in not obnoxious and such). Well, I was DD last night (designated driver) for everyone, and I told my boyfriend I was fine with him drinking. He said he̵ 7;d only drink a little. Now, here’s where the double standard kind of comes in. I have no problems with drinking, feeling the effects (I only really get tipsy) and when I’m tipsy and around other people, I’m fine. But when I’m SOBER and around drunk people, I’m uncomfortable. This is mainly because I grew up with an alcoholic parent, and am never comfortable around drunk people. I’ve let my boyfriend know this, and also told him that I hate baby sitting (I never need a babysitter nor do I expect it) and that I will NOT have serious conversations with him about big issues when he’s drunk-he doesn’t understand that. Last night, he drank a lot, and acted like a child, and it was humiliating. All our friends gave me weird looks, and he even threw a child like tantrum on the couch. When we were driving (He was passenger, I was driving) he was yelling and screaming and kept moving around, and I was really distracted and told him to please stop so we didn’t get in an accident. Once we got back, he kept whining and saying «You don’t feel comfortable around me» and making a HUGE deal out of it, and over reacting, and finally I just told him to leave. I’m going to talk to him about it today, but I don’t know how. I mean, I’m allowed to get drunk, but I also can control myself-he’s all over the place, but I have no right to tell him he can’t. But I DO want to tell him that I refuse to have conversations with him, about serious issues, when he’s drunk, and so on. I love him, and don’t want to lose him, but he embarressed the hell out of me last night, and I hated baby sitting him like his mother. He even ran out of the apartment with his beverage in his hand and was running up and down the sidewalk, and I had to pull him back in in case a cop got involved. What do I say to him? I don’t want to deal with this again, and if it gets this way again, I will ignore him. Any advice? Thanks.


Open Question: Really dislike when my boyfriend drunk-a right to feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment